|How To Find Duplicate Images
Start the program. The main window will be displayed.
Find Duplicate Images
1) Add the folder(s) that will be scanned using "Add Folder" button (1) or drag and drop them inside the application from Windows Explorer.
Note: Folders can be excluded from "Auto-check" and "Self scan" using the checkboxes in front of the folder name. Reference the help file for more details.
2) Tick the first column in the folders grid for the folders should be excluded from the Auto-check functionality (2). Tick the second column to disable a folder from scanning for duplicates inside itself. The items from the folder will be compared only with items inside the other folders. (The second option is available only in Pro and Corporate versions of the program)
3) Select "Visual Compare" method from the drop down list (3).
Note: "CRC32 Checksum" method does not scan images for visual similarity. Using this method only 100% binary equal images can be found. "File Size" method will find duplicates with equal file sizes.
4) Adjust the "Similarity" spin button to the desired value (4). The default similarity value is 95%. It is finely tweaked and produces the best results for common images.
The similarity value is used only if the selected method is "Visual Compare".
5) Select "<New Cache>" from "Cache" drop down list (5) or an existing cache if one has previously been created.
Using cache files extremely speeds up the the scan for consecutive scans. Even if the files are modified they will be detected and updated in the cache.
6) Before starting the scan process filtering can be applied based on various properties using the Filter tool button (6)
The settings applied in the example will exclude files located in the folders listed inside the "Match folders" list, files having PSD extension and files smaller than 500 bytes.
7) Press "Start Scan" button (7)
After the scan process is finished the results list will be displayed:
Duplicate Images Result
Duplicate image files are grouped together with alternating group colors. Depending on the "Auto Check" settings, the program can automatically check the smaller images in every duplicate group. If some files are un/checked manually, the "Auto Check " button (1) can be used to reset the selection.
The "Quick Check" tool button (2) to check the images by various criteria.
Quick Check Duplicate Images
By using "Quick Check" and the settings in the above dialog all BMP images located in the folders listed in the "Files in the following folders" and
smaller than 100 bytes will be checked.
The "Preview" and "Multi Preview" panels can be used to review and compare the results:
Duplicate Images Preview
Duplicate Images Multi Preview
After checking the files to be moved, copied or deleted (3) using the "Perform" button will execute the selected action.
Checked files can be deleted to the Recycle Bin by selecting the "Delete checked files to Recycle Bin" option.
Checked files can be moved/copied to a custom folder by selecting "Move checked files"/"Copy checked files" options and specifying a destination folder.
Source folder structure will be recreated in the target folder if "Keep folder structure" option is checked, otherwise all duplicates will be moved to the root of the destination folder.
The duplicates list supports multiple selection. Multiple files can be selected using the mouse and Ctrl/Shift keys. Note the difference between checked and selected files.
The selected files can be removed from the list using Delete key and deleted from the hard drive using the Shift+Delete key.