|How To Find Duplicate Images
Start the program. The main window will be displayed.
1) Add the folder(s) that will be scanned using "Add Folder" button (1) or drag and drop them inside the application from Windows Explorer.
2) Tick the first column in the folders grid for the folders should be excluded from the Auto-check functionality (2). Tick the second column to disable a folder from scanning for duplicates inside itself. The items from the folder will be compared only with items inside the other folders. (The second option is available only in Pro and Corporate versions of the program)
3) Select "Visual Compare" method from the drop down list (3).
4) Adjust the "Similarity" spin button to the desired value (4). The default similarity value is 95%. It is finely tweaked and produces the best results for common images.
5) Select "<New Cache>" from "Cache" drop down list (5) or an existing cache if one has previously been created.
6) Before starting the scan process filtering can be applied based on various properties using the Filter tool button (6)
7) Press "Start Scan" button (7)
After the scan process is finished the results list will be displayed:
Duplicate image files are grouped together with alternating group colors. Depending on the "Auto Check" settings, the program can automatically check the smaller images in every duplicate group. If some files are un/checked manually, the "Auto Check " button (1) can be used to reset the selection.
The "Preview" and "Multi Preview" panels can be used to review and compare the results:
After checking the files to be moved, copied or deleted (3) using the "Perform" button will execute the selected action.
Checked files can be deleted to the Recycle Bin by selecting the "Delete checked files to Recycle Bin" option.