Audio Dedupe - What's New?
Duplicate Mp3 Finder New Features And Options
Although our tools are the best of their kind we keep improving and optimizing them.
You can find the major changes in every release in the list below. We recommend using the latest version.
Do not forget to check also the blog area as it contains a lot of information, tutorials and examples and provides a search option for easier navigation: www.mindgems.com/article/
Compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista (Both 32 & 64 Bit)
Audio Dedupe What's New
- Added: "Check All in This Folder" popup menu item in the results list
- Added: "Check All in This Folder and Subfolders" popup menu item in the results list
- Added: Alt+Enter shortcut opens the File Properties dialog
- Fixed: The files date/time displayed in the results list were not adjusted according to the local time zone
- Added: Windows 11 Support
- Added: Two new auto-check options - "Shorter paths" and "Longer paths"
- Fixed: "Locate in Explorer" action didn't select the file
- Fixed: Issue related to UNC paths
- Improved: Greatly optimized performance when scanning a large number of files using 100% identical files mode
- Improved: Support for symbolic links is improved
- Fixed: Better detection in 100% identical files mode
- Added: Auto-check options "Shorter file names", "Longer file names", "Bigger file sizes"
- Fixed: Wrong group order after Delete/Move/Copy action is performed
- Fixed: Quick Check/Filter on folders
- Fixed: Exclude folders from auto-check using folders grid
- Fixed: Exclude folders from auto-check using option "Match full path"
- Fixed: Audio length was not loaded from project
- Improved: Extra error reporting for file operations
- Added: Option "Match full path" to exclude folder names from auto check (Available only in PRO version)
- Improved: Faster Save/Load/Export to XML on large projects
- Improved: Duplicates and scanned files count are displayed above the results grid
- Added: 64 Bit version for higher performance and larger audio collections
- Added: Check for audio service and audio device presence
- Reduced memory usage
- Improved support for long file names
- Added: Support for protected M4P and M4R files in compare methods "ID3 Title", "ID3 Artist", "ID3 Album"
- Added: Results grid show information for protected M4P and M4R files (bitrate, sample rate, etc.)
- Added: Extended Preview tab with options to Copy/Paste standard audio tags between files.
- Added: Option "Preserve group order on sort"
- Added option to Copy checked files to a target folder
- Fixed moving/deleting files from UNC paths like //server/folder/image.jpg
- Clicking on the vertical splitter handle restores right panel (previously panel was restored on mouse over)
- Added new compare methods for finding similar or duplicate "ID3 Title", "ID3 Artist", "ID3 Album"
- Fixed loading projects where decimal separator is different from the current locale decimal separator.
- Fixed moving files from UNC paths like \\Server\Path\
- Fixed: Group order is now preserved on project load.
- Fixed: Similarity level can be set to 100% using the mouse wheel or spin-edit buttons. (was possible only by entering it manually)
- 20% faster performance
- Stability improvements
- Added support for reading UTF8 encoded tags
- Fixed log file saving issues
- Log file now contains error codes for files that can not be loaded
- In Filter dialog added option to filter folders by name
- Clicking on the folders grid header icons now checks/unchecks all folders
- Browse for folder dialog is updated - if no folders are checked the currently selected folder is added
- If delete/move file operation fails, hex error code is displayed in the log
- Added duplicates list popup menu "Remove from List" that removes the selected items from the list without deleting any files
- Added duplicates list popup menu "Remove Group from List" that removes the selected items group from the list without deleting any files
- Improved multi-thread performance
- Fixed issue deleting large amount of files
- Fixed issue that prevented the program to show results on rotated desktops
- Fixed loading some older project file formats
- Fixed issue preventing to use Space to mark duplicates
- Faster and safer way of getting associated file icons
- Added support for Unicode file names
- Comparing phase is now multi threaded, so it will be 2x, 4x, 8x, etc. faster depending on how many CPU cores you have
- 30% faster preprocessing files phase
- Improved folders list - added display of the Exclude From Auto-check and Exclude From Self-scan features
- Improved columns sorting
- After scan: Save project and shutdown/log off/etc. now works in DEMO version.
- New project reuses cache settings from the current project.
- Cache "Default" is used if no previous cache setting exist.
- Minimum song length needed for analysis is now reduced from 90 to 30 seconds.
- Greatly improved cache speed by introducing new cache file format. Old cache files are not supported.
- In Filter dialog added option to include or exclude the matched files from scanning
- In Quick Check added new button "Check All Except First in Group"
- Added new option "Show warning if all files in a group are marked for deleting"
- Faster loading of large projects
- Enhanced "Browse for Folders" dialog
- Added new command-line -p option to save the project after scan
- You can now add folders by using drag&drop from the windows explorer
- Other small GUI fixes and enhancements
- Added Quick Check/Uncheck functionality, which allows you to check/uncheck files by their folder, extension, file size, file date, etc.
- Enhanced Move/Delete files window
- Added new options tab to select which columns you want to be shown in the results grid.
- Added Compare Folders menu (Only in Pro and Corporate version)
- Added option "Delete empty folders" (Only in Pro and Corporate versions)
- Added export to XML and CSV format (Only in Pro and Corporate version)
- The program can delete read-only files
- The program will check for Recycle Bin size and show a warning if you want to delete the files to Recycle Bin and there is not enough space available
- Added warnings when unchecking a selection and there are user checked files
- Added support for symbolic links in Windows 7
- Fixed some 120DPI issues
- Fixed wildcard issues in Filter dialog
- Added Monkey's Audio APE files support.
- Added True Audio TTA files support.
- Added filter files and folders functionality, so you can exclude files or folders from scanning.
- Added Pause/Resume functionality.
- Added new options tab to select which columns you want to be shown in the results grid.
- Added new option to set the cache folder location.
- Added new option "Remove from list groups containing single file after delete/move".
- Added new option "Files are not duplicates if their play time differ more than xxx sec.".
- Added volume slider in the preview window.
- Fixed some bugs when moving files.
- Other small bug fixes and GUI improvements.
- You can add multiple folders using the enhanced Browse for Folder dialog.
- Added option to automatically log-off, shutdown, hibernate or stand-by the system after scan is finished. The project will be auto-saved
in <My Documents>\AudioDedupe_AutoSave.adpf
- Added grid popup menu item Properties which shows windows explorer file properties window.
- Added new Auto Check option to mark "Files with newer file dates".
- Added new option "Show user checked files in bold color".
- Owners of the corporate version of the program can register it using command-line parameters. See command-line help for details.
- Added support for 64-bit floating-point WAVE/AIFF files and little-endian AIFF files
- Added folder popup menu "Disable self-Scan For This Folder". This is useful if you want to scan two (or more) folders against each other. (Available only in the Corporate version)
- Added grid popup menu item "Check All Except Excluded" which will check all files except the excluded ones from the Advanced dialog in Auto-check options or files whose folder was disabled for auto-check
- A lot faster "100% Identical Files" method
- A lot faster Check Selected/Invert Selection/Uncheck All when there are a lot of files in the duplicates list
- There are now two separate columns for File Name and Folder
- Optimized memory usage and allocation, faster speed when scanning many files
- Completely changed cache algorithm, so you'll need to recreate your cache files
- Fixed logging under Windows Vista/7
- Fixed auto-check when there are folders disabled for auto-check
- Fixed column sorting on all columns
- Fixed loading a project causes all file sizes in the results list to be shown as zero.
- Added support for M4A files containing AAC or Apple Lossles audio - ready to be used with iTunes
- Added support for AAC, MP4, FLAC, AC3, WavPack (WV), Musepack (MPC) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) file formats
- Added support for FLAC, WMA and MP4 tags
- Added AIF as recognized AIFF extension
- User can now quick rename files using F2 or Rename popup menu (only in registered version)
- Project modified status in program caption is now updated correctly