Visual Similarity Duplicate Images Finder - Overview
Similarity Duplicate Image Finder will find all similar and duplicate images, pictures and photos in a folder
and its sub folders, computer or network in order to organize photos.
The duplicate image finder
uses advanced algorithms
to find duplicate photos in a way that a human does. Due to that fact it can find
duplicate images even if they are in different image formats, different
bit depths and image sizes.
Specify a percent of image
similarity that will be used during the scan. It can broaden your results or specify
exact match varying only in image format and/or size.
scan process is finished the program shows all the duplicate images in groups and can automatically mark the smaller resolution
and/or smaller file size images for deletion.
Get rid of all duplicate images and
save valuable disk space. It supports most popular image formats plus 300 RAW camera formats.
VSDIF has an intuitive user interface and is well documented. Due to
its innovative and optimized algorithms it is the fastest and
the most precise product of this type on the market. It allows
you to process huge amount of images in less time. Organize images and save valuable disk space.
Visual Similarity Duplicate Images Finder - Features
|Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder is a powerful utility for finding similar and duplicate images in a folder and all its subfolders. It has the following features:
- Find all similar and duplicate images in user specified folders using visual compare
- Search for duplicate images of user specified sample images using visual compare
- Find exact duplicate image files using fast hash algorithm
- Find possible duplicate images by a time difference in EXIF original date time
- Find rotated at 90°, 180°, 270°, flipped horizontal and/or vertical and graycaled duplicates
- User can adjust the percent of image similarity
- Smaller resolution duplicates can be automatically marked for deletion
- Smaller file size duplicates can be automatically marked for deletion
- Older files can be automatically marked for deletion
- Show preview for original and duplicate images
- Powerful filter and exclude from auto-check options
- Powerful Quick Check/Uncheck dialog
- Duplicate images can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
- Supports many image file formats and RAW camera images (only in Pro and Corporate versions)
- Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
|Supported file formats:
- JPEG Bitmap (*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe)
- Compuserve Bitmap (*.gif)
- Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
- TIFF Bitmap (*.tif;*.tiff;*.fax;*.g3n;*.g3f)
- JPEG2000 Files (*.jp2)
- JPEG2000 Code Stream (*.j2k;*.jpc;*.j2c)
- Targa (*.tga;*.targa;*.vda;*.icb;*.vst;*.pix)
- Paintbrush (*.pcx)
- Windows Bitmap (*.bmp;*.dib;*.rle)
- Windows Metafile (*.wmf)
- Enhanced Windows Metafile (*.emf)
- Windows Icon (*.ico)
- Windows Cursor (*.cur)
- Wireless Bitmap (*.wbmp)
- Portable Pixmap (*.pxm;*.ppm)
- Adobe Photoshop (*.psd)
- Camera RAW (*.crw; *.cr2; *.nef; *.raw; *.pef; *.raf; *.x3f; *.bay; *.orf; *.srf; *.mrw; *.dcr; *.sr2; *.dng; *.erf; *.mef; *.arw) (only in Pro and Corporate versions)
- DICOM Images (*.dcm) (only in Corporate version)
- HDPhoto Images (*.hdp; *.wdp; *.jxr) (only in Pro and Corporate versions)
Check here: Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder supported RAW digital camera formats list
Visual Similarity Duplicate Images Finder Corporate
Jon Canfield - PhotogrphyBlog.com
"Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder works very well and accurately. The ability to visually find duplicate photos, rather than just by filename will be useful to anyone that saves multiple versions of a file and needs to find all of them. The Search by sample image option is especially useful."
Unlike traditional duplicate finders, this program `looks` at your images to determine whether they are duplicates or not and can find them even if the file name, format and size are different or the images have been rotated.
Visual Similarity Duplicate Images Finder Corporate
- Additional Features
The corporate version will let you integrate our product into your existing software or service by providing you with a command line interface. We have many satisfied customers successfully using our product to extend their online and offline services.
Command-Line Parameters Usage: (Available only in Corporate Version)
DupImageFinder.exe -src_list <srclistfilename> -target_list <targetfilename> -log <logfilename> -s <similarity> -db <dbfilename>
-src_list <srclistfilename> - specifies a plain text file which contains image file names that you want to compare against <targetfilename> files
-target_list <targetfilename> - specifies a plain text file which contains image file names that you want to compare against <srclistfilename> files
Note (new in version 188.8.131.52): if you omit -target_list parameter only -src_list files will be scanned
-log <logfilename> - specifies full path file name where the log from the comparison will be saved, e.g. c:\log.txt
-s <similarity> - specifies a similarity in percents. Example: -s 95
-db <dbfilename> - specifies the images cache file name to be used or created.
Note: Cache files store images information gathered during the preprocessing pass (1st pass) of the scanning process. So if you often scan the same images, using cache file speeds up considerably the preprocessing pass.
You don't need to create the cache file. Just specify it as a parameter and the program will create it. Or if the cache file from previous scan exists the program will use it. The cache files extension is VSCF (Visual Similarity Cache File).
Example: DupImageFinder.exe -src_list "c:\src.txt" -target_list "c:\target.txt" -log "c:\log.txt" -s 95 -db "c:\db.vscf"
This will find all images with similarity >= 95% and save their file names and similarity in c:\log.txt file
Note: If some of the parameters contain spaces, you must enclose them in double quotes. Example: -src_list "c:\program files\images.txt"
Visual Similarity Duplicate Images Finder - System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows NT/Windows ME/Windows 2000/Windows 2003/Windows 98/All Windows Server operating systems
- CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 20 MB free hard disk space
- True Color display and video card
- Mouse or other pointing device